Contact the research office if you would like a copy of the latest GWC Quick Facts and Scorecard posters.
Currently, the GWC Office of Institutional Effectiveness maintains Fact Book relevant data using Tableau, a data visualizing software. The most recent GWC Fact Book data can be found on our Data Dashboard page.
Archived Fact Books
Surveys and Research Projects
Below are the evaluations of GWC's All College Meetings.
Golden West College Results
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - GWC 2018
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - GWC 2017
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - GWC 2016
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - GWC 2015
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - GWC 2014
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - Statewide 2018
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - Statewide 2017
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - Statewide 2016
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - Statewide 2015
CTE Employment Outcome Survey - Statewide 2014
• Active and Collaborative Learning: Includes items that capture the extent to which students have opportunities to think about and apply what they are learning in different settings.
• Student Effort: Includes items that capture how frequently students engage in a number of activities important to their learning and success (e.g., coming to class prepared, completing multiple drafts of papers, using computer labs).
• Academic Challenge: Includes items that address the nature and amount of assigned academic work, the complexity of cognitive tasks presented to students, and the standards faculty members use to evaluate student performance.
• Student-Faculty Interaction: Includes items that assess how often students have the opportunity to interact with faculty at the college in meaningful ways.
• Support for Learners: Includes items that assess students’ perceptions of support services targeted to assist them with academic and career planning, academic skill development, and other areas that may affect learning and retention.
CCSSE Custom Questions Report
In addition to the five benchmark question themes that are included in the CCSSE survey, GWC also added custom questions to the survey on topics and issues that are specific to students at GWC. The reports below are key findings from these custom questions.
In partnership with the National Initiative for Leadership and Institutional Effectiveness (NILIE), GWC administered the PACE survey during late fall 2014 and late fall 2016. Results from the PACE survey have led to many discussions on institutional effectiveness and changes, including moving the college from a 2-VP model to a unique 3-VP model that integrates different aspects of the colleges (instruction, student services, and administrative services).
For more information, please select from the following executive summaries.
This iSLO survey was completed by GWC alumni who graduated between 2012 and 2017. The survey focused on the knowledge that students gained during their time at GWC.
Student Learning Dialogue Survey
The Student Learning Dialogue Survey was designed to get feedback from Golden West College faculty on their experiences with student learning.
As part of MMAP, incoming first-year students are placed into math, English or English as a Second Language courses based on a combination of their high school grade point average and performances in key high school courses compared to traditional placement, which was based on placement test sores.
Click here to read about GWC's MMAP pilot project:
Click here to read about GWC's OER focus groups report:
Independent Research at GWC, Internal Research Review Board (IRRB)
From time to time, members of Golden West College have received requests wishing to conduct research on campus involving GWC employees or students. In an effort to ensure that study participants are fully aware of the nature of the research, their rights are protected, and that the research aligns with the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Golden West College, this Internal Research Review Board Form and process is established to protect class time, employee and student rights, and college liability.
GWC employees and students as well as external persons wishing to conduct on-campus research projects should be directed to Kay V. Nguyen, Ed.D., Administrative Director of Research, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness at email@example.com
Golden West College IRRB Application Form
You may also be interested in: Student Right to Know